Tuesday, April 29, 2003

THE MESSAGE OF THE CROSS
by Dan Johnson, Jr. 8 May 2001

(verse 1)
Nothing at all is hidden in your sight
You see through the darkness of night
You know my deeds, you know them well
You have the power to send me to hell

(bridge 1)
I don't know how you do it
In my wisdom I can't explain it --

(chorus)
The message of the cross is foolishness
To those who are perishing
But to us who are being saved
It is the power of God

(verse 2)
I was sitting over there right under that tree
When you sent him to come talk to me
It took a while before I could see
You knew the message of the cross was meant for me

(bridge 2)
It's clear that my ways
Are not your ways
It becomes clearer every day --

(chorus)

You have humbled me time and again
Because you want me to repent of my sin

(chorus)

No comments: