He Set Me Free
In December 1994, I came up with twelve presents to give my wife Jennie for Christmas. The last present was to be an engagement ring. I wrote the poem below, rather quickly, in fact, to be one of those presents.
He set me free
From all my guilt and sin
From my despair and hopelessness
From the chains that bound me tight
He gave to me
A chance to start anew
A purpose for my life
A life with so much fullness
A love that never ends
He's changing me
I'm not the man I used to be
I'll never be the same anymore
He's changing me more and more
His Spirit at work within my heart
I'll cling to him
It's the least that I can do
I wanna show him more and more
I love him so much
I'll never leave him
He set me free
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment