A SONG TO THE OWNER OF MY SOUL/ A PRAYER TO THE GOD OF MY LIFE
I wrote this in one sitting back on June 21, 1994. I was inspired to give this to my then girlfriend/future wife, Jennie.
Lord, when you look at me, what do you see?
With divine eyes you see not only my body
But also my soul.
Because of your grace and truth, my soul now finds rest in you.
O you, with the power to destroy both body and soul,
Let me not fear those around me,
For you are infinitely greater than they.
O my Maker, you see all my imperfections,
Yet your love never fails-
For who can be perfect except you and your son Jesus.
Your grace has been evident in my life,
For I am blessed with a joy that has no bounds.
I am free to be what you’ve always dreamed I could become.
Now I’m on fire with a burning desire
To complete the tasks you’ve laid before me.
I offer you my life again today-
Take me; I’m yours.
Ten thousand years from now
I will praise your glorious name
For you are powerful
And nothing else can compare with your love for me.
And I look around and see the great throng of souls
Who were faithful to the truth
-- And my soul will continue to rejoice.
Thursday, August 22, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment